Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Day Of School


Tomorrow's my first day of school. I'll be teaching "Drawing On Comics" at The School Of The Art Institute, where I got my MFA eight years ago. The usual instructor, Christa Donner, isn't able to teach the class this semester, so when they asked me if I could take over I said why not. I have to admit I'm a bit nervous, never having taught before, but it should be fun and interesting. Fortunately I've received a lot of helpful words from fellow SAIC instructor and Top Shelf cartoonist Jeremy Tinder. Here's the cover to my syllabus, a 16 page zine I'm putting together.

3 comments:

  1. Wow I am jealous of all those students.
    I was just reading you last night!
    You teach me stuff all the time with your work and are very informative when you speak.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also going to be teaching a class on comics in October! I'm in the Uk and I'll be teaching at Bath University. I'm pretty scared as I'm only 1 year out of graduating art college myself. Any tips for a fellow teacher? Good luck with your classes Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wish I could take that one.

    ReplyDelete