Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Lucy & Andy Neanderthal



Back in 2010 I had the idea of doing a fun caveman series that was grounded in all the exciting new research about Neanderthals I was seeing. The idea got shelved at the time, but when I was wrapping up my last Jedi Academy book, I thought it would be the perfect series to work on next. It took a couple years, a ton of reading, three rough drafts plus the final artwork - and the first book finally comes out today. Here's a look at some of the first sample pages and sketches I did for the project while figuring out exactly how to make the characters look and ways to include a little information along with the humor of the story.


11 comments:

  1. What a cool idea for a book! Thanks to your teasers, you have sufficiently teased me enough to purchase your book! :) I hope Danny gets some pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winner, Jeff! My niece totally loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saber toothed kitty is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Can you make more Neanderthal graphic novel books? I liked this book and I want to read more." (from my 5-year-old granddaughter, who read this book in one day! )

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 7-year-old wants to thank you for this book, which he enjoyed so much that it is now his new all time favorite. He especially loved Tiny! And now I am having a hard time explaining why we cannot read the book 2 immediately...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still so sad that there is no more Jedi Academy books...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son loved the this book! Will there be more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, there'll be two more books - I'm just finishing the second and starting the third. The next one should be out at the end of August next year.

      Delete
    2. Hi Jeffrey, we would like to know when the second part is available into Spanish. Thanks!
      Belen

      Delete
  8. Hi! Both my kids and parents are big fans. Thanks for keeping them interested in reading. Are you doing any book signings soon in LA?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We loved the latest installment! A great way to cuddle and keep warm on a cold Sunday. Great humor and art! Looking forward to #3! Philip & Mom in Iowa

    ReplyDelete